Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Non Professional Goals

1. Research one stock a day. I have no steady income right now, but am still profitable. I'd probably run out of stocks in a few weeks, but investing is a life skill that takes time to develop.

2. Read 30 min a day. Books are the fastest way to learn about someone else's life. I have a list of a dozen books I am going to read, but here are my recent ones:
Without Their Permission by Alexis Ohanian (Finished)
The One World School House by Salman Khan (Finished)
How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams (Half way)
Delivering Happiness - (Next in line)

3. Make friends with more people and keep in touch. If I have a problem, the first thing I do is ask friends smarter than me for advice. I hope they can do the same for me too. You can never know too many people. Goal: 1 meaningful relationship/week

4. Exercise Better. I already jog, stretch, or weightlift for about 1.5 hours every day, plus I already eat pretty healthy. I think I can challenge myself a little more though. I think I'll try cardio lifting next.

5. Not care about waking up early. I like my nights. No meetings before noon.

6. Travel More. Goal is at least two new countries. I'll probably hit up India and England again this year to see family, but I'm guessing an Australia and Brazil Trip

7. Focus on Personal Energy. Do things that keep me going. Don't do things that hold me back. Everything in my life is a function of my energy

8. Go to the Dentist. I'm cavity prone despite brushing/flossing daily. I've had over 10 cavities so far. My teeth have been hurting on and off for a year now. I have dental insurance too, but I don't know under what plan or which dentist.

This list will be edited as I come up with more things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment